In Genoa on 15th March 1921 the “Società Anonima Moto Guzzi” was established with the goal of “Manufacturing and sales of motorcycles and any other activity pertinent or connected to the metal mechanical industry”. And
it was precisely in that moment, in memory of one of the founders’ brothers in arms, that the eagle with spread wings was chosen as the new company’s symbol. Since then, the eagle, which quickly gained notoriety all over the world, has been Moto
The operational headquarters opened in Mandello del Lario – the same plant where all Moto Guzzi are still produced to this day – an enterprise that marked the history of global motorcycling through bikes that have become
a part of the collective imagination such as the GT 500 Norge (1928) ridden to the Arctic Circle by Giuseppe Guzzi, brother of founder Carlo, the Airone 250 (1939), the Galletto (1950) which contributed to mass motorization in the post-war period.
those years, the wind tunnel was opened – the first in the world in the motorcycling segment, which can still be visited in the Mandello plant – greatly desired by a close-knit team that included extraordinary engineers the likes of Umberto Todero,
Enrico Cantoni and a designer who would soon become a legend: Milan native Giulio Cesare Carcano, father of the incredible 285 km/hour Otto Cilindri (in 1955) and the prototypes which, between 1935 and 1957, won no fewer than 15 world speed titles and 11 Tourist
In the ’60s, after the Stornello and Dingo light motorcycles, Moto Guzzi breathed life into the 700cc 90° V-twin with cardan shaft final drive, destined to become the very symbol of the manufacturer from Mandello through legendary
models like the V7 Special, V7 Sport, California and Le Mans. This engine has been consistently evolved on this architecture, all the way to riding, supported by the most advanced electronic control features, the most popular modern Moto Guzzis such as the
V7, V9, and the V85TT, the first ever classic enduro in the world.